The HND Construction (Construction Management) course will put you on track to reaching your career goals within the global construction sector. The course has been designed to develop your specialist skills and knowledge, and to transform you into the professional that top employers in the construction industry are looking for.
Upon graduation, a range of careers paths will be open to you, including:
- Assistant Design Co-ordinator
- Design & Build Co-ordinator
- Construction Site Supervisor
- Construction Design Technician
- Site Manager
- Project Manager
- Health & Safety Manager
- Planning Supervisor
You will gain an understanding of the way technology is transforming construction, and will be ready and equipped to work with this technology. You will also learn more about contemporary issues facing the industry – in particular sustainability and the environment – and about the role that construction plays in addressing these issues.
The construction industry is a very practical, technical and hands-on environment, and teaching and learning on the course reflects this. You will learn from real life examples, work-related learning, practical sessions, site inspections and expert guest speakers from the sector – all of which brings learning to life and makes for a dynamic student experience.
– Construction technology
– Construction practice and management
– Legal and statutory responsibilities in construction
– Construction information – drawing, detailing, specifications
– Building information – modelling
– Principles of refurbishment
– Site supervision and operations
– Individual project
– Contracts and management
– Project management
– Management for complex building projects
– Environmental assessment and monitoring
– Personal professional development
– Maintenance and operations
– Group project
Level 3 qualification or equivalent
An Access to Higher Education Certificate
All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
The final certificate is issued by Pearson Education.
Exceptional entry route: 2 years relevant work experience
Applications From Students 21+
We welcome applications from students 21+ who do not match the standard entry requirements but who can demonstrate willingness and commitment to studying this subject at university level, and, who can evidence academic, professional or vocational experience in a related field.
Application – Supporting Documents – Panel Interview – Final Decision