The healthcare sector in England employs approximately 1.3 million people in a wide range of career paths and settings. This course opens the door to a career in healthcare and can lead to further specialist study, depending on your chosen career path.
The HNC/HND in Healthcare Practice for England (Healthcare Management) provides you with a solid understanding of the healthcare environment in England, through a combination of work-based experience and practical study. You’ll complete work experience in a healthcare setting, giving you the practical skills and knowledge to pursue a career in this rewarding sector.
Studying our HNC/HND in Healthcare Practice for England will give you transferrable skills that can be applied in many different healthcare careers. It will also prepare you for Undergraduate study in specialist areas such as health and social care or public health.
For those already working in healthcare, it provides the opportunity to further develop your career through enhancing your skills, knowledge and understanding within your role. It will also help you plan a clear path into future healthcare roles.
- Are you looking to begin a career in the healthcare sector?
- Do you want to specialise in a particlular healthcare practice?
- Are you committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)?
This qualification will provide all the foundational building blocks you need for a fulfilling and successful career in the healthcare sector.
Weekend and evening classes available, subject to minimum class size.
Year 1 – HNC
– Law, Policy and Ethical Practice in Health and Social Care
– Demonstrating Professional Principles and Values in Health and Social Care Practice
– Supporting the Individual Journey through Integrated Health and Social Care
– Fundamentals of Evidence-Based Practice (Pearson-set Project)
– Developing Operational Management Skills for Healthcare practice for England
– Changing Perspectives in Public Health
– Effective Reporting and Record-Keeping in Health and Social Care Services
Year 2 – HND
– Innovation and Improvement through Action Research (Pearson-set Project)
– Reflective Approaches in Implementing Person-Centred Practice
– Managing Quality in Care Environment
– Facilitating Change in Healthcare Environments
– Human Resource Management for Healthcare
– Global Health and Wellbeing
– Project Management for Healthcare
Work experience/placement requirements
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Healthcare Practice requires at least 225 hours of work experience/placement in health and/or social care settings and a Professional Learning and Development portfolio (PLAD), including reflective accounts, to be completed.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Healthcare Practice requires at least 225 hours of work experience/placement in health and/or social care settings and a Professional Learning and Development portfolio (PLAD), including reflective accounts. In total at least 450hrs of work experience/placements are to be completed over the two year period of the qualification.
Level 3 qualification or equivalent
An Access to Higher Education Certificate
Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied Level 3 in United Kingdom are expected to hold an accepted English language B2 (CEFR)
All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
Exceptional entry route: 2 years relevant work experience
Applications From Students 21+
We welcome applications from students 21+ who do not match the standard entry requirements but who can demonstrate willingness and commitment to studying this subject at University level, and, who can evidence academic, professional or vocational experience in a related field.
Application – Supporting Documents – Panel Interview – Final Decision